SO i want to start uploading some gameplay from my pc to youtube, recording with Fraps, but Fraps records in AVI format and the file sizes are huge. My 4 minute clip of Saints Row 4 is 6 gigabytes! which takes 10 hours for youtube to upload!! After a little research i found out that AVI files just "hold video and audio files" or something like that and that you should convert them to MP4 format. But how? I havent been able to find any answers to my problem yet. I have Adobe Premier Pro CC (CS7 newest version) if that helps. I tried converting the AVI file to MP4 with it, but i have no idea how to, and i also tried compressing it but i also dont know how or if tis even possible. So please help me, all i want to do is take my AVI file, make it smaller somehow, keep good quality, and be able to upload it to youtube in not too much time. Any feedback, and help is greatly appreciated!
To export an .avi file from Premiere Pro as an mp4 file you would need to do the following:
1) Start a new project
2) Sequence settings should be DV-NTSC Widescreen
3) Name the sequence
4) Import the .avi clip
5) Drop the clip into the timeline (sequence)
6) Make sure the sequence is selected.
7) Click on File and then click on Export>Media (or ctrl+m).
8) In the export dialog box change the Format to H.264
9) Choose the preset you want as the default will be NTSC DV. As you scroll down the list of Presets you will see options for YouTube. Simply choose the one you want.
10) Double check the settings and then click on Export.
Let me know if you have any questions with any of the steps. I use Premiere Pro CS6 and am confident these directions will work for Premiere Pro CC.