How can someone hack my comcast cabel tv and order movies

ANNIEBANANNIE

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2009
I HAVE COMCAST CABEL TV AND INTERNET. THERE HAVE BEEN MOVIES ORDERED THAT HAVE NOT BEEN ORDERED FROM MY HOUSE, CAN SOMEONE HACK YOUR CABEL AND ORDER MOVIES??
THANK YOU

jimmiekain

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2008
hmm... im no expert, but if someone knows your home phone number and or password they may be able to call your cable company and order pay per view-movies and or events such as boxing or major concerts but im not sure it would do them much good unless they are able to also break in and watch them in your home. We have DirecTV at home and we can order either on the phone (all we have to verify is the home phone number and my name) online or on the tv. I suppose if someone wanted, they could call in and order stuff but im not sure what that would benefit them.

Galtha48

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010

Anything is possible I suppose. Do you live in a single family home or in an apartment or condo? Do you use any wireless PC devices to access your Comcast services?

I can think of a few ways to do this. Some could put a splitter on your cable before or after it comes into your home. Some could hack into a wireless link if the link has not been secured properly. Perhaps a friend or a family member just got on and ordered a movie or two?

More info needed to attempt to pin this down. You may want to ask Comcast to send someone out to check out your install and see if any weak security areas or hacks to your incoming cable, etc..

Good luck, Galtha48

may86

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
i have the same problem, im getting billed for movies that i didnt order and i spoke with a comcast rep and i asked for a tech to come over and check out if im getting my cable stolen and she said all they can do is investigate from their end without having to come to my house....its crazy...im getting billed almost $200!!! >.< :fou: