Aug 6, 2018
i have a Dell inspiron 7567 gaming laptop and its totally fine, but im really fussy about my pc fan noises and this laptop is no exception, dell really messed up the fan curve on this laptop coz it kicks into almost max speed at temps like 55 on gpu and 64 on cpu, like i dont need ot to be that cool and i almost certainly dont want it that loud, so i can compromise some thermal cooling if it means my laptop wont sound like 50 lawnmowers.
long story short, i need control over my fan rpms, whether it just be static rpm control or fan curves, i dont mind i just want to know how, is it possible to do it through bios?
btw ive done all the usual stuff like undervolting and repasting too further low temps to make fans quieter but still no luck.
so plz, is there any way to control fan speeds?
(sry if this is in wrong category i wasnt sure where to put it)

Solution
Did you already check the BIOS? Could be an option there for cooling, usually listed as "quiet mode" or something similar. I don't see laptop vendors offering too much fan control since it would be very easy to put in a setting that will overheat the laptop and kill it. Possibly a program like MSI afterburner may work for fan control on it, try it.
Did you already check the BIOS? Could be an option there for cooling, usually listed as "quiet mode" or something similar. I don't see laptop vendors offering too much fan control since it would be very easy to put in a setting that will overheat the laptop and kill it. Possibly a program like MSI afterburner may work for fan control on it, try it.

Solution