How to make Media Player Classic or VLC or some other video player remember the playlist position?

Rafael Mestdag

Estimable
Mar 25, 2014
I can't find any option to make either MPC or VLC to remember the playlist position it was last in, I mean the actual file it was playing in the list. If I close MPC or VLC and I was watching the 3rd file, whenever I double-click the playlist file again it will start from the first file on the playlist instead or that 3rd one.

Is there any way to make either of these players to remember the playlist position or maybe some other video player?

Solution
ok - I was just fooling around with 'potplayer'. It definitely does what you want. Under Preferences-Playback-Playlist- checkmark the 'Remembered played position' box and you've got it.

Rafael Mestdag

Estimable
Mar 25, 2014

Yes, there is a checkbox called 'remember last playlist' but it doesn't solve the problem, what I need is for the player to remember the exact file in the playlist that I was watching last, and it doesn't despite this checkbox being marked. All it seems to do is remember the last position in the first video in the playlist, not the 2nd or the 3rd etc...

Rafael Mestdag

Estimable
Mar 25, 2014

I'll check potplayer out and see if it works. I'll report back as soon as I've tested it.

Thanx a bunch!

Rafael Mestdag

Estimable
Mar 25, 2014

Actually 'remember file position' simply does what it says, what I need is something like 'remember playlist file' or something like that. I'm downloading and installing potplayer now and I'll see if it works.