Christopher_44

Commendable
Mar 2, 2016
My DELL laptop will not work right and it all started when I was in the chrome browser and a little pop-up happened in the Corner of the screen saying there was a update that needed to be installed so i clicked it. It shut the laptop down and a screen came up that was moving up down left and right and it said (DO NOT TURN OFF OUR UNPLUG YOUR COMPUTER) and I thought there was a virus being installed to my computer so I shut it down.

(I freaked out) and then when I tried to turn it on it would boot up but nothing came on the screen. I plugged it in and the screen was still blank. Then I tried using a different screen/ monitor still nothing. I tried taking battery out, also nothing. I also tried spamming the F8 key when it was booting up and the light that showed the computer was on flashed red. So I don't know what to do my computer is a (DELL INTEL CORE i3 Inspiron 15 Windows 8.1)

Solution
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If it doesn't work try loading in Safe Mode again, while the laptop is booting up repeatedly press on F8 until it loads Advanced Boot Options then select Safe Mode.
- If Safe Mode will load do run System Restore and restore it back to an earlier date or time before the problem even happened.
- Next to try is to reseat the RAM's, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in and see if it will boot up normally or not.
- If all these will not work the last option would be to reinstall Windows.

That was just a regular Windows update, not a virus. Shutting it down suddenly can damage the operating system files or hardware.

Did you do the power reset by holding in the power button for a bit with he system unplugged?

Does nothing at all show up on the screen when you turn it on or does it at least go into the BIOS?

Solution