Feb 21, 2018
Recently I bought a MSI gaming laptop(GL62M 7RC), and I've been struggling with annoying coil whine.
I googled so much on this issue, but couldn't find any solution to fix it.

This sound comes from somewhere inside the laptop, but it does only when it's charging. It stops if I unplug the power supply.
I assume this is from GPU because it happens when the Intel GPU is under load.
I don't understand why and how it's related to power supply.

I saw a lot of Dell laptop users struggling with this similar issues, but no solution.

Please advise me if anyone knows how to fix it, or it would be great if I could know why it happens.

Solution
Most places you buy things from should have a return policy, 30 day money back or something similar. Of course that depends on where you bought it from.

Try them instead of MSI for a return. If it's a flaw with the motherboard there is not much you can do outside of finding someone that repairs laptops that can try to swap in components on the board, maybe better quality capacitors.
Feb 21, 2018
Usually, it cannot be solved by replacement.
If you have searched on this issue, you would find out that this is not merely a defect of one product.
This is happening through all this model.
And I cannot find any laptop that is as such cost effective as this model.

If you already checked that it's happening with that model range, you already knew the answer to your question.

Take a look at www.xoticpc.com if you want a different gaming laptop, they have a good selection and it's easy to search. There are Dell models that are on Amazon with some good sales at times.

That laptop is cheaper because it's using a low end video card, the MX150 is the slowest nVidia card, you will find other models with that video card for the same money.

Feb 21, 2018

Thank you very much for the answer.
I'm living in Seoul, South Korea.
I meant that it was the one with the best price in this country.

Of course, I didn't know the issue until I bought it.
Everyone with this issue said that they couldn't get the refund, but only got replacements and not solved it.
That's why I asked here to get any tips for this issue.

Most places you buy things from should have a return policy, 30 day money back or something similar. Of course that depends on where you bought it from.

Try them instead of MSI for a return. If it's a flaw with the motherboard there is not much you can do outside of finding someone that repairs laptops that can try to swap in components on the board, maybe better quality capacitors.

Solution