I want to hook-up my dvd/vcr (it has no HDMI outlet) to my tv that is connected to directv with a model C51-100 that is connec

JCasking

Commendable
Sep 30, 2016
How do I hook up my dvd/vcr to directv? The dvd/vcr combo has no hdmi output but the direct tv box is hooked up with a hdmi to the tv.The tv only has one hdmi output.

maxwellmelon

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013
you can hook it up directly to the tv as you normally would. then to switch between the directv box and the dvd/vcr just switch the tv input, or depending on the tv some you just shut off which device you don't want to use.

(yes I understand you wont be able to record tv using it)

if you want to go though the vcr like the old days you will have to buy something like this

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Cirago-HDM2ACRCA-HDMI-to-AV-Converter-White/44503460

just make sure you get a HDMI to RCA and not the opposite device that converts rca to HDMI

maxwellmelon

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013
you can hook it up directly to the tv as you normally would. then to switch between the directv box and the dvd/vcr just switch the tv input, or depending on the tv some you just shut off which device you don't want to use.

(yes I understand you wont be able to record tv using it)

if you want to go though the vcr like the old days you will have to buy something like this

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Cirago-HDM2ACRCA-HDMI-to-AV-Converter-White/44503460

just make sure you get a HDMI to RCA and not the opposite device that converts rca to HDMI

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Streaming Video & TVs 4
B Streaming Video & TVs 2
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 2
T Streaming Video & TVs 2
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 4
C Streaming Video & TVs 3
C Streaming Video & TVs 1