Solved! In VLC Media Player, Why Does the Video Go Blurry if I Pause and Move Frame-By-Frame Too Many Times?

dekw04

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
Hi everyone.

I have a question related to the VLC Media Player.

When you pause a video being played with the VLC Media Player you can move ahead one frame at a time by pressing the “E” key on your keyboard. The thing is, after pressing the “E” key to move ahead one frame at a time, the video eventually goes blurry after about a dozen or so presses of the “E” key.

Does anyone know why this happens and/or how to make it so that the video never goes blurry when doing this?

Compare this to playing a video within Camtasia which never makes a video blurry (at least as far as I've found to be the case) no matter how many times you move ahead one frame at a time. Yes, the video is smaller when it's played within Camtasia and yes, Camtasia is a video editor and not a video player, but if Camtasia can avoid making a video blurry then why can't the VLC Media Player?

With that said, why does the video go blurry/pixelated when I'm playing a video with the VLC Media Player if I pause and move ahead one frame at a time too many times? Does anyone know how to make it so that it doesn't ever get blurry/pixelated no matter how many times you move ahead one frame at a time?

Thank you.

2sidedpolygon

Proper
Jul 1, 2018
I'm not sure how to fix the issue, though I'd imagine it has something to do with how VLC is written and compression. That's just my best guess, though.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Apps General Discussion 0
G Apps General Discussion 0
B Apps General Discussion 3
J Apps General Discussion 1
Rafael Mestdag Apps General Discussion 9
L Apps General Discussion 1
G Apps General Discussion 3
M Apps General Discussion 1
Rafael Mestdag Apps General Discussion 5
O Apps General Discussion 11
J Apps General Discussion 1