Solved! In VLC Media Player, Why Does the Video Go Blurry if I Pause and Move Frame-By-Frame Too Many Times?

dekw04

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
Hi everyone.

I have a question related to the VLC Media Player.

When you pause a video being played with the VLC Media Player you can move ahead one frame at a time by pressing the “E” key on your keyboard. The thing is, after pressing the “E” key to move ahead one frame at a time, the video eventually goes blurry after about a dozen or so presses of the “E” key.

Does anyone know why this happens and/or how to make it so that the video never goes blurry when doing this?

Compare this to playing a video within Camtasia which never makes a video blurry (at least as far as I've found to be the case) no matter how many times you move ahead one frame at a time. Yes, the video is smaller when it's played within Camtasia and yes, Camtasia is a video editor and not a video player, but if Camtasia can avoid making a video blurry then why can't the VLC Media Player?

With that said, why does the video go blurry/pixelated when I'm playing a video with the VLC Media Player if I pause and move ahead one frame at a time too many times? Does anyone know how to make it so that it doesn't ever get blurry/pixelated no matter how many times you move ahead one frame at a time?

Thank you.