ivikop

Estimable
Oct 13, 2014
Hello everyone I am running windows 8.1 on a laptop. So long story short my ISP had a problem ("Unidentified Network") with my whole house yesterday, fixed the internet in 2 days , then only skype was working but firefox said "server not found" and other browsers didn't respond at all. Then I uninstalled avast, it worked for 2 hours and internet crashed again with the famous unidentified network once again. Now it appears that they fixed it after dozens of calls BUT the internet is slower than ever: slow loading pages, HORRIBLE ping in games, and has occasional "server not found" problems on firefox when I need to refresh the page 1-2 times to display the page. But it does pretty well sometimes but sadly for a very short period. I think it's a DNS issue as far as my research has led me, and is there a way I can resolve this by myself without calling those incompetent people again?

Any help is greatly appreciated Cheers

dextermat

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2007
Hi,
boot in safe mode with networking or on a computer that can connect to the internet.

Goto bleepingcomputer.com and download run adwcleaner, roguekiller, junkware removal tool

once this is done download and run NetAdapter Repair All In One or minitoolbox

hope it fixes your problem

JeckeL

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009

What's your ISP speed rated at? is it DSL/cable/etc? Go to speakeasy.net/speedtest and see what kind of speeds you're getting in relation to what it should be

Are you able to view web pages with firefox on other computers in the house?

jbrown156

Estimable
May 7, 2014
i dont think its an virus since the isp fixed it not working at all and made it work but slow .. i think its an issue only the isp can resolve .. just visit them in person they tend to act faster when you are there as opposed to when you call in .. dont install a bunch of things on your computer for all you know they could virus and stuff like that