Is it possible to use a USB flash drive both as ram and to boot OS when necessary and data ?

creativus

Estimable
Aug 15, 2014
I have a Lexar S35 64 GB that readyboost doesn't comply with but I've recently found there are other versatile softwares such as eboostr, primocache, primo ramdisk, though I don't know much about them.

Can I partition it and leave some space (let's say 4 or 8 GB) to use as ram on one side, booting space (let's say 8 GB) on the other and the rest for regular data use ?

I might even leave some part for data recovery but I'm not sure if it would be enough and possible.

So I don't have to format the whole thing in each bootable OS creation and keep using it as ram and data storage ?

creativus

Estimable
Aug 15, 2014
Some space to be filled with different operating systems as necessary. My old PC's mobo isn't Windows 8 or 8.1 compatible for example and I'm still using it at home, and I have a laptop that will probably try Windows 10. I'm not sure if other operating systems will ever appeal to me in these devices lifetimes.

USAFRet

Illustrious

I am still unsure of what you actually mean here.
The OS lives on whatever drive you install it to. There is no need for any part of it to be on a flash drive.