aayushrastogi1997

Estimable
Sep 11, 2014
My Laptop randomly freezes while browsing net, using VLC etc.
When it freezes, the video stops at the frame, and i can't launch anything like task manager or explorer, but the cursor moves.
If i open task manager before hand and then check it when the system freezes, then i find that my hard drive usage is at 100%.
But i have performed windows disk error and even hard drive sentinel, both of them reported my hard drive is fine, even SMART test too didn't show any error.
Laptop: HP AU007tx
Specs:
i5 6200u
8 GB DDR4 RAM
940MX
1 TB HDD
Windows 10

I have tried following methods:
1. Changing power plan settings
2. Disabling dedicated graphics
None worked

Solution

there must be a process that is using ur disk.it cant just go to a 100% without anything actually using it.once u feel the...
is this laptop still new?do u have any program thats enable during startup.often what i encounter is the highdisk usage is usually because of background windows process that is using the disk.i found this an issue with laptop/pc with regular 5400rpm/7200rpm drive especially on windows 10.it will go away once all the important updates are installed.

aayushrastogi1997

Estimable
Sep 11, 2014

All the latest updates are installed. Windows is up to date as well as all the drivers.

then check in task manager what is using ur disk.

aayushrastogi1997

Estimable
Sep 11, 2014

Well no process appears in Task Manager that consumes disk more than 5%. It just shows disk usage 100%.

there must be a process that is using ur disk.it cant just go to a 100% without anything actually using it.once u feel the lag go into task manager and scroll down and see which actually uses the highest MB on your disk.and check your swap file.

Solution

aayushrastogi1997

Estimable
Sep 11, 2014

Well, i have checked it multiple times. Whatever's eating my hard drive doesn't probably show up in Task Manager for some strange reason. Since, nothing shows up in Task Manager, I thought it might be a hardware fault, but all the Hard drive tests come clean.

can u attach a screen shot of your task manager?