LG HDMI Playstation4 xbox360 problem

ChuckCheeze

Commendable
Aug 25, 2016
I have the strangest problem with my LG HDTV (purchased somewhere around 2008). It is an LG 46LD550 and the DirecTV box works fine at 1080p.

The TV works fine with DirecTV via HDMI. For example, I have a direcTV box connected to the TV via HDMI. This works fine regardless of which HDMI input on the TV I use (i.e., HDMI1 - HDMI4).

When I connect the kids Playstation4 or Xbox360 to the TV via HDMI (any and all of the 4 HDMI inputs), I normally get a No Signal response on the TV. Sometimes I will get a brief picture from the game console (i.e. the powering on type screens when I turn the console on after it has been unplugged), but these quickly change to a no signal screen. I also sometimes get light flickering on the top of the screen, but it quickly goes back to a no signal screen.

I have connected the Playstation4 and Xbox to 2 other TVs that we have via HDMI and everything works fine - so it appears to be a problem with the LG TV.

I have swapped HDMI cables between all the working and unworking connections, and the problem appears to have nothing to do with the HDMI cables - the cables all appear to work fine.

What I find very strange about this situation is that the DriecTV box works fine with the LG TV via HDMI, but the game consoles do not.

I am guessing that it is some kind of handshaking problem with the HDMI of my LG TV, but I don't understand why it works with the DirecTV box, but not with the PS4 and Xbox360.

PS - I have also tried unplugging everything and letting them sit overnight unplugged. This does not solve the problem.

PSS: I tried changing the resolution per the post below. It didn't solve the problem. Now, however, the DirecTV box doesn't work, which suggests it might be a hardware/solder problem.

Solution
Sounds like a resolution issue to me.
XConnect the psd4 to a working tv and see what its set to. If its 1080 then change it to 720 and see if that now works on the old LG.

It would help if we knew for certain what model# it was. Theres a label on the back of the LG <hint>

popatim

Splendid
Sounds like a resolution issue to me.
XConnect the psd4 to a working tv and see what its set to. If its 1080 then change it to 720 and see if that now works on the old LG.

It would help if we knew for certain what model# it was. Theres a label on the back of the LG <hint>

Solution

TRENDING THREADS