Moving all the data from one SD Card to another

Amogh Rao

Commendable
Mar 25, 2016
I have a Huawei Honor 4X and an 8 gb sd card in it. i wanted to upgrade to a 32 gb sd card. I wanted all the data on the old SD card on the new one. I wanted to know how i can do this using a windows 10 PC(i thought the process is different for every OS). Do i need to use command prompt commands??
Thank You

Saga Lout

Olde English
No Command Line necessary. It's best to take the opportunity to back up whatever is on the 8GB so plug that into a carrier and then into the PC and copy it all into a folder you create from the Home>New Folder menu. Delete it off the SD card if you want to use it for something else.

Then it's just a matter of swapping the cards so the 32GB is in the carrier then copy from the folder on to the card. Back up frequently - 32GB is a lot of data storage space and phones can be lost or stolen so always keep a copy.

Saga Lout

Olde English
No Command Line necessary. It's best to take the opportunity to back up whatever is on the 8GB so plug that into a carrier and then into the PC and copy it all into a folder you create from the Home>New Folder menu. Delete it off the SD card if you want to use it for something else.

Then it's just a matter of swapping the cards so the 32GB is in the carrier then copy from the folder on to the card. Back up frequently - 32GB is a lot of data storage space and phones can be lost or stolen so always keep a copy.

Amogh Rao

Commendable
Mar 25, 2016

Thank you... I will see if it works..

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Laptop Tech Support 1
rahulkumarbudhwani Laptop Tech Support 1
moekun Laptop Tech Support 9
oktaviorizky23 Laptop Tech Support 13
C Laptop Tech Support 1
E Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 6