Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start with a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If it gets stuck on the blue screen with the mouse pointer again, press CTRL+ALT+DEL at the same time and select Task Manager.
- Once Task Manager is opened click on File on the upper left corner and select New Task then type in explorer.exe and click OK.
- If your desktop screen will come back do run System Restore and restore your laptop to an earlier date or time before the problem even happen.
- If it doesn't come back on the desktop screen your last option would be to reinstall Windows.
- Here's a guide on how to do a factory reset: https/support.toshiba.com/support/viewContentDetail?contentId=2737864