My battery is now at 0% and its not removable, so I can't take it out and replace it. when I turn off the laptop, it seems to lose track of the battery, saying battery not detected when I restart it. I have to remove and reinstall the battery driver in device manager to get the "plugged in not charging" response. How can I get my laptop battery to charge again? TIA
Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Here's a video guide first on how to disassemble the laptop.
- https/www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWB35_tNJMI (this is a X551M but should be almost the same)
- First is to do a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again and see if it will charge.
- If that will not work, do also test if the AC adapter is working properly.
- Just leave the battery off the laptop then connect just the AC adapter and see if the laptop will turn on without the battery.
- If the laptop will boot up that means the AC adapter is working properly.
- But if the laptop will still not boot up without the battery that could mean it's the AC adapter that is faulty.
- Next to try is to uninstall/reinstall the battery driver in Device Manager.
- If all these will not work last option would be to replace the battery.