my laptop switches off of while booting

Suresh_9

Commendable
Mar 5, 2016
When I turn on the laptop it starts to boot, but within 6-7 sec again it switches off. What can I do? Someone said I should try to format the OS, but how will that happen when it doesn't switch on?

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that I just suggested to others who had the same problem.
- Start by doing a test with the AC adapter and battery.
- First, remove the battery and boot it up with just the AC adapter connected and see if it would stay on.
- If the laptop will boot up normally with just the AC adapter then means the problem is with the battery.
- But if it will still shut down you'll need to try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage to make sure that it's not the AC adapter that is faulty.
- Lastly, try to reinstall Windows and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- If a different AC adapter will also not work that means the problem is the motherboard and if your laptop is still under the factory warranty do send it for a repair.

Hamperking68

Estimable
Jan 3, 2015

The chance of that being the issue is small as the OP said the laptop is only on for 6-7 seconds.

This is definitely hardware related as Laptop_Nerd said.

It could be caused by either your motherboard, AC Adapter or battery.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jinx forth foeva Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 2
M Laptop Tech Support 2
C Laptop Tech Support 0
Pharoah742000 Laptop Tech Support 0
Trickerz Laptop Tech Support 0
4 Laptop Tech Support 0
D Laptop Tech Support 0
R Laptop Tech Support 2
U Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1