My new seagate 2 TB external hard drive (NTFS) is not recognised by my Toshiba LCD TV

Zisis1982

Estimable
Oct 1, 2015
My new seagate 2 TB external hard drive (NTFS) is not recognised by my Toshiba LCD TV. I had a 500GB (NTFS) one which worked fine. I don't know why the new one which has the same format doesn't work. Does anyone know a way to solve this issue. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Zisis

D_Know_WD

Estimable
Hi there Zisis1982,

This may be some incompatibility issue related to the storage size. You can check in your TV's manual whether there are some non supported external storage devices. Also, I guess it will not your to contact your TV's Support.

Cheers,
D_Know_WD

Zisis1982

Estimable
Oct 1, 2015
Hi D_Know_WD,

Thanks for your help. I've checked the TV's manual and as expected the USB port file system is FAT 32. If this is the issue then I would have the same problem with my old HD (500GB NTFS) or my USB stick (8GB NTFS). Do you think that this is due to the size of my new HD (2 TB)?

Thanks again.

Regards,

Zisis

D_Know_WD

Estimable
Yeah, I have came across threads where larger external drives are not recognized by TVs. I guess the TV's Support guys should be able to provide some more info on that.
In case you can borrow a similar drive from somebody( 2TB, 3TB), you can try it on the TV as well.

D_Know_WD