Need DHCP server management software for windows 7

kmr1154

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2012
Hello

I am looking for dhcp server management software which runs on my windows 7 laptop and lets it control all the machines connected to it through local wifi network.

What i want to say is my laptop is connected to 4 other devices using home wifi, using some third party dhcp software i want to specify rules using ip/mac addresses to control the sites i can block and which i want to allow on those connected pc.

Don't tell me to use my router's firewall features, as you can see my laptop is acting as a dhcp server using built in ICS. So dhcp features on my router are useless.

I simply need a good dhcp server application which allocates ip addresses to the computers connected with lan or wifi and provides website blocking feature.

Is there such a software which allows these features?

Ijack

Distinguished
You're asking for two separate things. A DHCP server does just one thing - serves out IP addresses. Here is a Windows one: http://www.dhcpserver.de/dhcpsrv.htm

Website block is provided by a separate program, traditionally a firewall. But as the router won't talk to the DHCP server what you want to do is going to be difficult.

If you have a router, why are you using ICS to share your network rather than the router? And do you need DHCP at all? Why not just assign static addresses to your devices and then you can use a firewall to apply rules to those addresses.

kmr1154

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2012

Naa, already checked there, my router is not supported, i have tplink mr3220 v2. My router already has all the features i need but there is some issue with it. You see, i am using 3g stick and its not fully compatible with my router and there were lots of time when i had to unplug the device then reboot router to make it work again. It was really a bother. My 3g stick works flawless in my windows 7 laptop, so i started using it like this way.

So i was wondering if i could get an alternative software for windows 7 dhcp with firewall so i can restrict access to some websites on the pc's connected within local network with windows 7 laptop.

My current network chart is >>
3G stick>> windows 7 laptop(dhcp on)>>router (dhcp off)>> PC&wifi.

Last edited: