No sound coming from my subwoofer when I plug the hdmi from my AV receiver into my Laptop.

locn1010

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014
No sound coming from my subwoofer when I plug the hdmi into my Laptop.

I have an onkyo ht r670 audio. When I try to hook it up using an hdmi cable to my laptop, there's no sound coming from the subwoofer.

The sub does work when I plug it into my ps3 or cable box.

So the source of the problem must be either the settings in the AV receiver or my laptop.

Can someone help please!?

chris987

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013
check if through audio properties your sound system is recognized correctly.7.1 for your case .1 is the woofer
or check if your av has an option for multichannel audio. your av or your pc or both sees your 7.1 as stereo

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
FirstLast1234 Audio 3
L Audio 1
U Audio 2
A Audio 2
V Audio 1
W Audio 5
T Audio 1
G Audio 0
S Audio 1
M Audio 1
R Audio 18
S Audio 3
Zalgo Audio 1
C Audio 1
M Audio 3
A Audio 1
Q Audio 2
S Audio 1
A Audio 1
C Audio 1
Similar threads
Question Sound only coming from one speaker?
Question No sound coming from headphones with Numark M2 - help!
Question No sound coming from pc speakers when using DTS
Question Hello, I have AOC u2868pqu and also no sound coming out of the built-in speakers. I found out the speakers only work only when PIP/PBP is turned on
I have a new Sony surround sound stereo did not come with speakers I have my old Sony speakers that are round my newer one ha
Solved! How do I get sound to come through from my Samsung NU7100 smart TV to my 2.4 GHz headphones?
I've a jvc stack system its lighting up when switch it on but no sound coming out speakers how can I fix it
Panasonic GZ2000 OLED TV Hands-On: Come for the Picture, Stay for the Sound
High pitch sound coming from mobo line out.
my DVD player works but the problem is no sound comes out so please help what can I to it for sound to b heard
Solved! Rear Channels and Front Central coming out of the subwoofer?
hdmi to tv and dvi to monitor can make it extend and sound will come out?
Solved! Sound coming out low Windows 10
The sound comes out with some dvds and not others?
My busheart sound bar is connected to my bush tv but there 8s only sound coming out one speaker on the soundbar
Solved! I have a magnavox led tv and magnavox dvd. My channels come through hdmi1 cable I am getting no sound from dvd. It’s playing
my tv has sound but when I connect the dvd player no sound comes out
I have LG sound bar and Philips DVD player but no sound coming through it I have optical cable from tv to sound bar which is f
Sounds Coming Only From Subwoofer
Logitech Z506 - Only sound coming from front L/R and subwoofer (2.1)

ASK THE COMMUNITY