Question No sound from sound bar until 2-3 seconds after content starting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marktehbuilder

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2015
I have a Hisense U7G Android TV. I connected it to the Samsung Q600A sound bar through HDMI ARC to the eARC port on the TV. I noticed that it takes a few seconds of the content playing for sound to come out of the speaker. Or when I play a video after pausing it, it takes a few seconds for the sound to kick in, causing the dialogue that happened immediately after the play to not be heard. Same happens when I navigate the menu. The "tapping" sound when I navigate through the menu options doesn't play through the speakers until after a few seconds. Another example of this issue is when I see the Netflix splash screen, the "tah dah" chime is cut off and I don't hear it until it's almost over. This issue makes it impossible for me to watch videos or play songs. It forces me to rewind to the beginning of the song. I tried this on a different sound bar, the Vizio M51ax-J6 and tried using a tosslink cable. The issue persists. Which makes me think there is something wrong with the TV. I factory reset the TV and changed some audio settings. The issue persists. Does anyone know what this is and how to fix it?

Read this issue over the net a view times as well, some reported it was happening after updating to version 0422.
Which version is installed on your TV?

would try updating all devices again

try some workaround options in the TV as well:
Under the Sound settings on your TV, there should be an eARC option. Turn this off.

eventually set the Digital Audio Out setting on the TV to Pass Through or Dolby Digital.

Marktehbuilder

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2015
I have a new problem. I changed the audio output to "passthrough" on the TV setting. This seemed to fix the audio delay at beginning of play problem. But then when I listen to Spotify podcasts with this setting, there is a crackling sound in the satellite speakers. And now the soundbar won't connect to the TV via HDMI arc. I've reset the TV and soundbar and it won't connect again. I can only hear it through optical now. I'm at a loss.

Marktehbuilder

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2015
Read this issue over the net a view times as well, some reported it was happening after updating to version 0422.
Which version is installed on your TV?

would try updating all devices again

try some workaround options in the TV as well:
Under the Sound settings on your TV, there should be an eARC option. Turn this off.

eventually set the Digital Audio Out setting on the TV to Pass Through or Dolby Digital.

In the about section, it says Version 10. It says Kernan version 4.19.75

I don't know which number I am supposed to find when you ask me "version".

Disabling eARC seems to have alleviated the issue. But I notice there is a delay in sound for the Dolby Digital audio out setting. Passthrough has a better sync. But when I play Spotify podcasts while set to Passthrough, there is a crackling sound coming from my 2 satellite speakers, but not for Dolby Digital. I don't know what's the cause of that.

it´s the TV, don´t know if Hisense can fix it with a future update or not, eventually RMA the TV

to sync audio (not available in some audio out configurations):
Digital Audio Delay Adjust the digital audio output delay time to sync sound from an external speaker with the images on the TV. This function is only applicable when / > Settings > Sound > Speakers > Audio Output is set to ARC or SPDIF Only. Lip Sync Synchronize the displayed image with the audio output. This function may not be applicable in some Audio Output mode

home->Upgrade / > Settings > Support > System Upgrade
• Check Firmware Upgrade Check to ensure that your TV has received the latest firmware. Please ensure your TV is connected to the Internet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.