Patent Troll Sues Entire Wireless Industry

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWhiteRose000

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2010
xD
Due what there doing in the PS3 Patent suit!
Make it so they can't create anymore and got to pull it off the market. this way you can become the Internet and Cellphone King.

aftcomet

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
It's not like this is going to court. It'll be cheaper and easier for the companies to settle. The troll will get paid a handsome amount of cash. 10M+.

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
[citation][nom]edubz6[/nom]what if they won?[/citation]
They can't win. They're messing with a 50+trillion dollar industry. This is the last we'll hear about it.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
[citation][nom]megabuster[/nom]Really? I might have to change my carrier to patent litigator.[/citation]
Everyone tells me that I should in fact go into Patent Law... You do need an undergraduate degree in a hard science/engineering discipline.

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
Since the patent was already granted, this really has nothing at all to do with the patent reform that was passed......(and therefore has nothing to do with Obama)

dimcorner

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
[citation][nom]scook9[/nom]Since the patent was already granted, this really has nothing at all to do with the patent reform that was passed......(and therefore has nothing to do with Obama)[/citation]

I haven't read the bill....
But if absolutely nothing was done would it have been better? I seem to recall quite a few of these lawsuits even before this bill was passed.

dimcorner

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
[citation][nom]dimcorner[/nom]I haven't read the bill....But if absolutely nothing was done would it have been better? I seem to recall quite a few of these lawsuits even before this bill was passed.[/citation]

Dammit! Quoted the wrong post but still applies as it's just a valid question.

Vorador2

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2007
The patent reform bill doesn't go in effect until mid 2012 i think

And well, it looks to me like someone wants to go under in style lol there's no way they can win, they will be countersued to oblivion.

billybobser

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
Now I'm pretty sure NONE of these companys has copied their code, nor spied on them while they had their idea.

This has not intelligent step to base a patent on, all these companys developed their systems though natural logic. (some may have stolen it, but to say EVERYONE didn't do it themselves is BS)

Patenting idea's or methods of doing things should be outlawed. Patent something real, that works. Else I'll go patent everything without knowing anything, by picking random start points and random end points with no creative step.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
[citation][nom]aftcomet[/nom]It's not like this is going to court. It'll be cheaper and easier for the companies to settle. The troll will get paid a handsome amount of cash. 10M+.[/citation]
Actually, it would be easier to fight it in court. LVL Patent Group has to prove that no licensing agreement existed with any of the aforementioned companies, as well as prove that they've been financially damaged as a result of the claimed patent infringement. LVL will also have to prove beyond any reasonable doubt that patent infringement does in fact exist. If any of these companies maintains a patent covering any type of data+voice transmission technology, LVL Patent Group will lose.....and seeing as how Apple, AT&T, Virgin Mobile, Sharp and Sony are some of the biggest players in the tech industry...I doubt very seriously that LVL Patent Group has any realistic chance of winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.