G

Does the intensity of the software being used in PC benchmarks changed?
For example, if i benchmark a PC in 2000 and again in 2020, will the score vary?

Solution
if you test with the same version of the software and everything else being equal (PC) there should be little to no difference.
the benchmarking software updates each generation as the hardware improves, so a 16 year old system will perform poorly with a new benchmarking suite.
16 years ago there was no need to run a CPU through a Video test, but as the GPU has integrated into the CPU die the benchmarks for CPU's have to test the GPU abilities of the unit, updated instructions, and other changes to the hardware mandate changes in the software accordingly.
I hope this is what you needed.

R_1

Estimable
Herald
if you test with the same version of the software and everything else being equal (PC) there should be little to no difference.
the benchmarking software updates each generation as the hardware improves, so a 16 year old system will perform poorly with a new benchmarking suite.
16 years ago there was no need to run a CPU through a Video test, but as the GPU has integrated into the CPU die the benchmarks for CPU's have to test the GPU abilities of the unit, updated instructions, and other changes to the hardware mandate changes in the software accordingly.
I hope this is what you needed.

Solution