zenvota

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2010
Hello,

I'm looking into upgrading my PC sound system and could use some input on what I have planned.

Currently I'm using an old 4.1 set of Altec Lansing 641s, and my current PC specs are:
Maximus VI hero(speakers connected via rear panel front/rear[green/black] 3.5mm jacks)
GTX 780SLI
Monitor 1 - 27" 1080p monitor(via DVI)
Monitor 2 - 42" 1080p tv(via HDMI)
Monitor 3 - 22" 1080p monitor(via DVI).
Normally I have Monitor 1 mirrored to Monitor 2. I tested HDMI audio out to the TV(monitor 2) with SLI enabled while mirrored which works fine.

Originally I was considering upgrading to a Logitech Z906 system, but a home theater system seems like a better option. The computer is in a 14' x 11' room so a massive system isn't needed, I'm currently considering the Yamaha 4910: ( http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/hometheater-systems/home-theater-package/yht-4910u/ )

My concern is how to connect this system to the computer, optimally I would want an HDMI audio connection but I'm unsure if a mirrored display will passthrough correctly as follows:
GTX 780 SLI to Mirrored Displays
DVI > Monitor 1
HDMI > A/V Receiver > TV(Monitor 2)

Any input or other advice on a good pc sound system would be greatly appreciated,
thanks

Should be fine. The mirroring shouldn't have anything to do with it. If it passed the audio to your TV, then the receiver just sits in the middle and should just pass the picture to the monitor just like it did the TV.