EveryEmpireFalls

Estimable
Jan 4, 2016
I received a SW 8MK2 Pioneer sub-woofer for Christmas this year. However, it does not always work. I have a Razer Tiamat 2 and Creative Gigaworks T40 Series II speakers attached as well, both work properly so far as I can tell.

PC specifications:

• Motherboard: Gigabyte GA Z97N-Wifi
    CPU: Intel i7-4790k @4.00 GHz
    GPU: GeForce GTX 980
    Memory: 16.00 GB RAM
Before I delve into my experience, I will give a quick overview of my audio connections:

• From my motherboard: All 5 connections used by the Razer Tiamat 2. I switched out the Center/Sub port connection with my sub woofer connection to get it to play the bass sounds. However, this has not always worked.
    From my Tiamat pass through ports: Creative speaker pair (Green port). Plugging in the sub woofer to the Center/Sub port pass through does not work at all.
My Problem(s):

• My sub woofer does not always function. Additionally, when it does function, the Creative speakers always play the simultaneously play the low end sounds as well as the highs and mids. So when the sub is working, the Creative speakers and the sub are playing low end sounds. Which I neither want, nor what is optimal.
What I have tried:

• So far, I have just switched the Center/Sub port on my motherboard between the Tiamat headset and the Sub woofer. It worked, but was far from optimal. However, as I stated above, it didn't always work... Sometimes the sub does not play sounds. I have checked that it is ON, yes. To my knowledge, all audio drivers are up to date. And connections, physically, are working. I also know that all speakers are working. This includes the sub, as when I plug it into the side headphone port on my PC, it works normally, playing the low end sounds.
    But, plugging my sub into the pass through of my Razer Tiamat 2, never works.
    I tried getting a 3.5mm Y audio splitter to plug into the GREEN audio pass through on the Tiamat in order to route the lows to the sub and the highs and mids to the Creative speakers. However, I got the wrong cable and it did not work.
What the ideal to strive for is:

• I would like to be able to play mids and highs on my Creative speaker simultaneously with the lows from my sub woofer.
    Then, switch back to my headset routing all sounds to my headset with the switch located on my Tiamat control set.

If more information is needed, I will gladly post it.

Dec 28, 2015
Your new sub might be passive, meaning that it needs an amplifier for it. If it is passive, you need to work out the specs of it and match it with the amplifier to see if it will work well. Base it on the amp rms and the sub rms as the max volume doesn't really mean anything. Take a look at matching speakers to an amp guides. (You CAN use 1 speaker with an amp for two, so if you want to upgrade later you can just get another EXACTLY THE SAME sub or a 'same spec' sub). Take a look at thomman.de as you will find heaps of amps there, or really everything to do with music except buying music. And you should be able to find an amp there.

If it is active, sorry mate I've got no idea. :)

Dec 28, 2015

Maby you should take it to your nearest audio store. (One that fixes the stuff), and get them to take a look inside it.

EveryEmpireFalls

Estimable
Jan 4, 2016
I got it working properly. I used a 3.5mm Y-spiltter cable, connected it to the green passthrough on the Razer Tiamat 2, and attached the Sub and my speakers to the Y-splitter and boom its working.