Problem with Blu Ray player and Samsung HDTV

JohnnyNumber5

Honorable
Mar 24, 2013
I have a Samsung LED T24B350 TV that is about 1 year old and a Samsung Bluray player BD-E5400 series that I just bought. The TV has 2 HDMI ports. I had the TV hooked up to my Mac to watch netflix using an HDMI to mini display port adapter and it worked fine. I used the same HDMI cable to hook up the new bluray to the same TV. When I turn on the bluray player the Samsung logo flashes and the startup screen comes on for a second then the screen goes black. I've checked that my TV is HDCP compliant. The HDMI cable works fine. The Blueray player works on other TVS..I can't figure out why this player and TV wont work together. Help anyone?

jnkweaver

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011

Usually to run a PC you have to put it in PC Mode. To run the Blue Ray you will have to take it out of that mode. Sounds like the Autodect didn't work so turn on the TV and do it manually. Look at the manual to see what I am referring to.

JohnnyNumber5

Honorable
Mar 24, 2013

Maybe I'm misunderstanding but are you talking about the source menu? I selected the HDMI 2 source from the menu screen of my TV before hooking any of this up then of course plugged the bluray into HDMI port 2. The PC was connected to the HDMI 1 Port. So I don't understand how the source could be mix up. There isn't an auto detect on my TV anyway. You always have to manually change the source.

Cookie01

Honorable
Aug 26, 2013

Cookie01

Honorable
Aug 26, 2013
Hi Johnny: I have the same problem with this Blue Ray Player and I got the run around from Samsung. The initial contact the day I bought it, finalized with the service person putting his hands up and saying that they didn't have the appropriate firmware update to play the DVD! What??? Seems that Samsung firmware was not always up to date. Plays regular DVDs okay and I get get to Netfix. So I tried it again with another Blue Ray DVD in August ( It was bought in June) and it did the same thing even with a firmware update. This was aggravating to say the least. The Blue Ray player was bought in June from Walmart in a pristine unopened box. Here it is August and the problems still persist. Seems that this player is a lemon. Why Samsung cannot make a Blue Ray player that automatically updates firmware, I don't know. Sony's players do!!! After hours on the chat and and the phone, best they said they can do is have it repaired!!! What??? I'm now going to spend my time and money in gas taking this to a UPS facility. It is new but it still is a lemon. I asked them to replace it with a new player and one that automatically updates for all my aggravation. It costs them nothing but keeping customers happy and coming back but they declined. Guess I am not important. Buy a Sony next time. Funny thing. I am ready to buy a 60" TV and new cell phone. You guessed it. I will not be buying Samsung. Kind of difficult to but it back in the box and take it to a UPS shipper/b]