OffbeatBryce

Prominent
Mar 27, 2017
Hello,

I'm curious to know if anyone has ever had a Sandisk 10 class SDXC card fail on them and if so how often do they fail? I'm asking because I use them to film in my canon cameras and someone advised me filming to two cards simultaneously to backup my recording in case a card fails but I've been using the same cards for 2 years and no card has ever failed before. I also know other filmmakers who say they have never had them fail either but just curious what anyone else's experience is.

Solution

Usage:
Do you take 300 pics per day?
Or 20 a week?
Do you shoot RAW, jpg, or both?

Currently, I use 32GB SD cards.
I used to be a big proponent of EyeFi cards. Automatically transfer the pics to the PC via WiFi. Nothing lives on the card for more than a day. Turn the camera on, and it automatically starts the transfer.
WiFi performance has become spotty or non-existent, so I can't recommend them anymore.

I'm about to buy a couple of other 32 or...

USAFRet

Illustrious

OffbeatBryce

Prominent
Mar 27, 2017
I also was reading about fake cards being sold on amazon. Although sandisk website says Amazon is an authorized retailer. If they are an authorized retailer why would they sell fake Sandisk cards?

USAFRet

Illustrious

Amazon is in fact an authorized retailer.
However, not everyone who sells on Amazon is an authorized retailer.

3rd party sales on Amazon are no better than some clown on fleabay.

You need to look for "Sold by Amazon"

OffbeatBryce

Prominent
Mar 27, 2017

Well, I was reading this blog someone wrote who said "Sold by Amazon" still were fakes.

USAFRet

Illustrious

Possibly, but peoples blogs say a lot of crap.
If it's faulty/fake from Amazon, that is an easy return.

OffbeatBryce

Prominent
Mar 27, 2017

Can you give me an example of use patterns and what size cards you use?

USAFRet

Illustrious

Usage:
Do you take 300 pics per day?
Or 20 a week?
Do you shoot RAW, jpg, or both?

Currently, I use 32GB SD cards.
I used to be a big proponent of EyeFi cards. Automatically transfer the pics to the PC via WiFi. Nothing lives on the card for more than a day. Turn the camera on, and it automatically starts the transfer.
WiFi performance has become spotty or non-existent, so I can't recommend them anymore.

I'm about to buy a couple of other 32 or 64GB cards, for when these die.

Solution

OffbeatBryce

Prominent
Mar 27, 2017

um, I shoot none of those. I shoot AVCHD video