Sharp Aquos display lags when playing games off laptop via HDMI

G

Hi, I have a friend that has a Sharp Aquos hdtv. I have a lenovo Y500 laptop with Nvidia GeForce 750M 2gb gpu. I plugged in the laptop to the hdtv with a hdmi cable. When I play a game (it's doesn't matter what game, it could be a very old game), it's laggy on the hdtv display but not at all on the laptop display. I also have tried pressing Win+P and making it only display on the hdtv. That didn't help at all. The Sharp Aquos hdtv is about 2-3 years old and maximum display is 1920 x 1080, just like my laptop resolution. I also have tried turning off the 120hz refresh rate feature and game mode. That didn't seem to help at all. I don't know what else to try on the HDTV settings and also don't know if there's something I can do on the Nvidia control panel on my laptop to improve the display fps/refresh rate.

Solution
well you got to figure that 60'' is near twice 32 the the 32 and the 26 could be 720p@60hz so I would think if the laptop supports 120hz it should be in the NVidia control panel and in windows display settings .. myself and my buddy use the sharp hdty's for monitors and we don't have issues with them ...] lc-42d85u] this tv was 1400 bucks when they first came out.. but I don't know just check the TV's manual to be sure theres not a certain hdmi port they may want you to use for pc[??] the only complaint I have with mine is I did not go bigger

junkeymonkey

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
maybe too much screen for the laptop to push?? I use a 42'' sharp with my desktop and it all seems fine ... but when I first got it I did see that 1 card NVidia 8800 did ok but two of them in sli did way better and now with just one 7850 it seems better then the two 8800's so I would think that a laptop is just for the size of the screen that it came with and not ment to run big screen tv.s [opinion]

G

I don't think that's the problem. His Sharp Aquos is 60". It works fine on his Sony 60" hdtv which is his family hdtv and is not allowed to use it. Also it works fine on my home Sony 32" hdtv and my samsung 26" hdtv with no problems. I think it's the Sharp aquos hdtv. It's has to do with the 120hz refresh rate features. I may be missing something that I'm suppose to turn off but I don't know what as I can't find it.

[EDIT]: I figured out the Sharp Aquos model he has. Its the LC60LE632U model.

junkeymonkey

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
well you got to figure that 60'' is near twice 32 the the 32 and the 26 could be 720p@60hz so I would think if the laptop supports 120hz it should be in the NVidia control panel and in windows display settings .. myself and my buddy use the sharp hdty's for monitors and we don't have issues with them ...] lc-42d85u] this tv was 1400 bucks when they first came out.. but I don't know just check the TV's manual to be sure theres not a certain hdmi port they may want you to use for pc[??] the only complaint I have with mine is I did not go bigger

Solution