Software for "synchronizing" desktop icons between monitors?

Sheepthief

Honorable
Jun 15, 2013
I'm looking for software that will sort of mirror the icons on my primary monitor over to the secondary monitor. I'm not looking to directly mirror the two monitors, just the desktop icons. I know it's kind of a niche request, but if anyone knows of any software that has the option of doing this, please let me know.

noidea_77

Honorable
Jul 28, 2012

You may have to switch off the automatic sorting. It's somewhere in the right click menu.

Sheepthief

Honorable
Jun 15, 2013

It kinda works, but very poorly. Might be because the monitors are different resolutions. Sometimes when I would try to copy them, most of them arranged themselves on the primary monitor and scattered the original ones all over the place. Took quite a while to find and delete all those damn copies.

Sheepthief

Honorable
Jun 15, 2013

Automatic sorting was off. This method you guys are suggesting isn't exactly what I was looking for, but if it's the only way I'll just have to deal with it.

USAFRet

Illustrious

I know it's not exactly what you're looking for, But I don't think I've ever seen anything that would duplicate desktop icons across one two screens/one desktop, and put only some of them in particular places.

What about something like VirtuaWin? Multiple virtual desktops, summon on command. Icons set up wherever you want, for each desktop use.

Sheepthief

Honorable
Jun 15, 2013

I know what i'm looking for is niche as hell, so I didn't expect results, but it was worth a shot. Thank you for the suggestions.

I don't suppose you know of any way to play fullscreen games on a NON primary monitor? Because that was my original goal, but I came up empty handed, which led me to trying to emulate the primary monitor. I have a program that lets me have taskbars for all monitors, so the last thing left was for me to somehow have the same icons as well.

Sorry if that's confusing.

avjguy2362

Honorable
Jun 21, 2012
Display Fusion. Awesome software. Not free, but free to try. Lots of ways to have custom or duplicate task bars. I have 5 monitors. I have 1 standard taskbar, 1 near duplicate, but without the right side icons, and 3 monitors with icons only associated with programs specific to those monitors. You can specify which programs start on any monitor in any position or whole screen, and push specific games to play on specific monitors. The main reason I wanted it in the first place was because some older games refused to run on my 27" monitor. Now I can instantly disable 3 monitors, play on one and still monitor other apps on my small monitor, and then change it all back with a couple clicks! Can't live without it now!
http://www.displayfusion.com/