JeehoonOh

Estimable
Apr 27, 2014
Hello everyone, so I had recently gotten a Sony HDR PJ820 and I came upon an issue where I am unfamiliar with the settings and I'm hoping someone that has this handycam or a similar handycam (Maybe all settings on Sony handycams are the same) could help me with the issue.
So I came upon the problem where filming in a room with LED lights, some dark horizontal lines would move either up or down, but this was not present when filmed outdoors or filmed in a different light. From further research, I realized this had to do with the frequency rate of the AC lights, which flicker at a rate of 60 hertz, and that my camcorder just so happens to match the frequency rate of the LED light which causes these annoying lines to show. So the simple solution to this was to just change the flickering frequency of the camera, or to change to PAL or NTSC mode.
However this is where my problem comes in. No matter where I looked I could not seem to find an option to change this rate, and I also looked at the manuals but with no luck. And it really doesn't help the fact that this specific camcorder is very restricted to what I know, just in Korea, which is where I bought it, so I'm hoping the settings of Sony camcorders are very similar.
A solution would be greatly appreciated as I like to film mostly in my house, which is full of LED lights. Thank you.

Solution
In addition to what hang-the-9 said about frame rate you might also consider looking at adjusting the shutter speed. Experiment with a combination of different frame rates and shutter speeds to see if you can find the setting that eliminates the flickering.
In addition to what hang-the-9 said about frame rate you might also consider looking at adjusting the shutter speed. Experiment with a combination of different frame rates and shutter speeds to see if you can find the setting that eliminates the flickering.

Solution