I have a fresh load of Windows 7 64-bit installed and the keyboard and mouse work just fine up until Windows begins to run (after it has completed installing). Plugging in a USB mouse/keyboard does NOT work. I have tried reinstalling Windows three times, and the same problem happens every time.
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help. You can just skip the other steps you've done already. (Factory Reset)
- Check keyboard language settings.
- Open Control Panel and look for Region and Language.
- Check all tabs if they are all set to United States.
- If that doesn't work, try pressing those following keys which are not working using your onscreen keyboard (Ease of Access look for Onscreen keyboard)
- Connect an external keyboard and see if the same problem will persist because if does you may need to consider on doing a complete Factory Reset cause it's a problem with your operating system.
- If all these will not work I would suggest replacing the keyboard itself.
Touchpad: (use an external mouse for troubleshooting)
- Do uninstall/reinstall the touchpad driver from Device Manager.
- In Device Manager uninstall the Touchpad driver then reboot your laptop.
- It will reinstall the driver automatically after the reboot.
- If the driver will not install download and install the driver from Toshiba Support site.
- If all these will not work proceed with the Factory Reset.
Worst case is after the Factory reset and same problem will persist you may need to replace the keyboard and mouse itself. Also since an external mouse and keyboard will not work the problem maybe with the motherboard as well.