neo10532

Estimable
Oct 14, 2014
I recently built a computer about 1 week ago and it was working fine....until today. i have the asus maximus vii hero mobo rnning sli gtx 980s. i have a 1440p monitor connected via displayport and a 1080p monitor via HDMI. Today I tried to install a sound card in my 3rd pciex16 slot and in doing so I think it may have disabled one of the other pciex16 slots that my video cards were in because now only my 1080p monitor is useable and my 1440p says no signal detected. After removing the sound card to return my system to the original state the problem persist though. Ont he nvidia control panel i can even see my 1440p monitor on the list but it will not allow me to check the box to enable it. pls help.

Hjgrove

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
What Chipset are you using?
You can get this information by giving me the name of your motherboard.
Seems to me like you don't have enough bandwidth and you have disabled certain cards but it should only lower the speed when return to normal when the sound card was removed as your chipset may still think that the sound card is plugged.

neo10532

Estimable
Oct 14, 2014

another odd problem that I have is that if i have both monitors plugged in when i boot up the computer then neither of them will be detected. I have to unplug the displayport monitor altogether on boot up to get the HDMI monitor to work. but the opposite doesn't do teh same thing, if i start up with only the displayport monitor plugged in it wont detect it.