My tablet is not turning off, and I cannot locate the battery on the back. It has done this before, but it finally turned off. Now, it has been at it for at least 3 hours. It is charging, and I also had another problem before this that I think caused it. On YouTube/Netflix it was messing with my pause/play button. I solved this by fighting back. I deleted some downloads, that did not work.Even if it fixes itself, I could use some help if it happens again. Someone please tell me what to do!!
Well you will have to stop charging it for one. If it won't turn off by the button then the only options is to let it drain, or pull the battery. Which can be done, but is a hassle. However, please note, if the device is under warranty, you should not open it up yourself and contact the manufacturer. Or you could void your warranty.
Now if you can get it it to turn off, and back on, I would suggest saving all your personal data off of it to either a cloud account or to a computer (by connecting it to the computer via USB cord). You can't save apps, but you can save music, photos, contacts, etc. Then I would try scanning the device for viruses and malware. If nothing turns up, or the problem isn't resolved, then I would suggest doing a "Hard Reset" of the device. Which is why you need to back up first.
NOTE: Doing this will clear 'all' the data on your tablet, so it is suggested you not choose this option unless you have to, or aren't worried about losing anything on the device.
Be sure you back up any data you want to keep, to a computer or cloud account, before doing the reset.
To "Hard Reset" the tablet...
1. Make sure that the tablet is actually powered off.
2. Remove your SD card, if there is one in the device.
3. Press the "Power" and the "Volume Up" buttons, together, until you see the start-up logo on the screen.
4. Once you can see the logo, release the buttons and allow the device to enter the "System Recovery Mode".
5. Next use "Volume Down" button to get to the "wipe data/factory reset" option When in recovery mode the "Volume Up" and "Volume Down" buttons are how to can navigate and highlight what option you need.
6. Once you have selected the "wipe data/factory reset", press the "Power" button to select that option.
7. On the following screen, repeatedly press the "Volume Down" button until the "Yes - delete all user data" option is what is selected.
8. Then press the "Power" button to hard reset the tablet.
9. If you took your SD card out in step 2, when the device is up and running again, reinsert the SD card.