metrix2k

Estimable
Mar 30, 2015
Basically, whenever I watch a youtube video, if I unplug mic jack, my volume will get higher altough it stays on 100% all the time.

I already have problems with sound volume, it always sounds much lower than it has to (Realtek drivers). Tried many "solutions", but none of them worked. So I discovered plug/unplug system yesterday.

Of course, I don't want to always unplug my mic while watching a video just so I can listen in a normal volume. Also what happens is, when I increase volume by plugging or unplugging, if I skip video for a bit, it gets back to very low volume... REMEMBER, IT STAYS ALL THE TIME ON 100% VOLUME.

So, what to do here? Please help me :(

btw: Got newest drivers and everything....

Solution
There are 2 volumes when watching you tube videos. The one is your realtek driver for audio on your laptop that you say is at 100%, and then there is volume on the youtube itself. If the laptop is giving more volume when you unplug the mic jack, it must be affecting the you tube independent volume everytime. Check that and see if that helps. Also, depending on the OS you use, there is a different volume for regular sound and moc sound on your bottom right corner speaker levels. Maybe when you unplug the mic it switches to the other volume level on regular sound. Just a thought!

Gbytes

Estimable
Sep 4, 2015
There are 2 volumes when watching you tube videos. The one is your realtek driver for audio on your laptop that you say is at 100%, and then there is volume on the youtube itself. If the laptop is giving more volume when you unplug the mic jack, it must be affecting the you tube independent volume everytime. Check that and see if that helps. Also, depending on the OS you use, there is a different volume for regular sound and moc sound on your bottom right corner speaker levels. Maybe when you unplug the mic it switches to the other volume level on regular sound. Just a thought!

Solution