Vacuuming the Fan's plastic housing + sieve?

tom_curitiba

Estimable
Sep 11, 2014
I am cleaning my laptop from time to time with a vaccum cleaner. I read it can be bad but I am not sure it is the case.
I would like to have your opinion :)
Here is what I do:
I open the back cover, then take off the thin steel cap from the fan and there I take the dust off from the fan (holding it) and from the sieve with the vaccum cleaner.
I read that vaccum cleaner creates static electricity and it can be bad if done on the electronic components.
But in this case, I only vaccum locally where I can only see plastic parts and no electrical components (the plastic fan and its plastic housing + the sieve which is in metall but connects only to the outside).
Am I doing something wrong? or the fact that I only vaccum there locally on the plastic parts is ok?
Thanks.

Solution
I would suggest that vacuum is ok for the outside casing such as keyboard and ports. However, for the inside, its best to buy a can of compressed air and gently use it in short bursts to blow out dust.

tambeshakunt

Honorable
Jun 5, 2013
I would suggest that vacuum is ok for the outside casing such as keyboard and ports. However, for the inside, its best to buy a can of compressed air and gently use it in short bursts to blow out dust.

Solution