Dec 2, 2012
hello guys. so i am looking for Asus U46SV screen:
Screen size: 14 inch
Connector type :40 pin
Part number: HW14WX101
Resolution: 1366 X 768
Aspect ratio : WXGA
Backlight type : LED

I am wandering if i could fit different model screen same specs?40 pins 14 inch LED from another asus model. Did that many times with different brand laptops but not sure about asus one..As far as i know every laptop has few capable models.

ratedk

Distinguished
You'll be able to use another screen that has the same specs (resolution, pins, size & connector location) From what I could find, yours appears to be a thin LED screen like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/U46E-HANNSTAR-14-WXGA-GLOSSY-LAPTOP-LED-LCD-HW14WX101-Perfect-condition-/290901043567?pt=US_Laptop_Screens_LCD_Panels&hash=item43bb0da96f

If this looks like yours (pay attention to the video connector & location on the lower right corner), then you can find a compatible one on ebay by searching for:

14" thin led screen

and make sure the specs you've listed match the replacement. Many similar screens have the video cable connections in different locations, so it must match yours. Be sure to read the description if they're using stock photos.

You should be able to find one for $60-$100

Tadhg

Honorable
Oct 4, 2013
Hi, I'm having the same issue as you at the moment. I can't find a replacement screen that is any less than £150! Did you find a cheaper screen that fitted your U46SV?