What browser is best for Flash gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickbandit

Honorable
Aug 28, 2013
So, i got kinda bored of using chrome so many years and decided to switch Browser. Though, i do stand in a Problem.. I play alot of Flash Games like - DragonFable, Adventure quest worlds and so on. I Just can't figure out what browser runs the games best. I'm currently using Safari which i already love alot. I'm just not sure which browser is best. I Tested my Chrome vs Safari in a Flash Player Benchmark and the Safari won by 1300 Points. Yet i still can't figure out which is best of them. I have tested in Games and they seem to be about even. I would like to ask for you guys help for what Browser, that's worlds best Adope Flash (gaming) Browser.

-Thanks in advance, Nick.

nickbandit

Honorable
Aug 28, 2013

I just Tried Firefox again, it's really slow compared to my Chrome and Safari.

I don't know about which browser is best for Flash content in terms of performance, but in terms of reliability & the least likely to have Flash plugin crashes, I'd say it was Chrome based on my experiences with the other two main contenders (IE & Firefox).

Those who say one particular browser is the best for all users, well that all depends what your priorities are and which one suits your way of working - - not forgetting whether or not you like the look of it. There is no such thing as a web browser which appeals to everyone and has no shortcomings. Long live freedom of choice!

nickbandit

Honorable
Aug 28, 2013

What about Safari? it seems for now that it won in all the benchmarks i've made and FPS Testes in Games

I said my choice was "based on my experience". I have no (recent) experience of Safari, and it's not one of the main contender's in Windows browsers anyway. Last time I gave it a spin was maybe four years ago just out of curiosity - - hated it. I'm quite content with Chrome now & anytime I do try one of it's competitors I always end up going back to Chrome.

And the "rumour mill" has it that Apple may be considering dropping support for Windows with future versions of Safari (they've already said there won't be a Windows version of Safari 6). That's a measure of how unloved it is by the vast majority of Windows users - - Apple apparently never heard of "user customisation".

RazerZ

Honorable
Herald
Aug 18, 2013
I've been using chrome for quite some time now and it is my favorite browser. I've used firefox, ie, and opera before. I agree that it's a reliable browser and that flash games work well with it.

nickbandit

Honorable
Aug 28, 2013

Yeah, but now after Testing Safari i've experienced an Increase in FPS, or it seems like i have. But again, there is alot of things i miss in Chrome Safari dosen't offer :/

shadarlo

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012

I find Comodo to be a gigantic memory hog and to have memory leaks. I use it... but I feel it needs to be restarted daily if not multiple times a day to maintain speed whereas chrome does not. I use chrome for primary browsing and comodo for backup stuff... but I am looking for a better 2nd browser.

I too though would like to know the fastest for web games.

LuckyStriker

Estimable
Aug 12, 2015
my top
1. Maxthon http://www.maxthon.com/
2. Safari http://www.apple.com/safari/
3. Google https://www.google.com/

and fock Mozilla its the worst browser ever for flash games ... dosent deserve to be mention in a top 100

P.S. all 3 are running simultaneous on a laptop intel 2 core 1.4Ghz 2g ram its at 100% cpu usage and ram but dose the work

Ruby__

Estimable
Oct 21, 2015

Extremedriver

Estimable
Nov 28, 2015

Your joking right?? Did Mozilla pay you to say that?? lol Firefox is the slowest browser in the history of the internet. The only reason it's still in existance is the deal they have with google to use the Search Engine. I've tried every version of FF on multiple computer setups, and still it's the slowest browser ever. So have a good day drinkin that kool-aid man.

mousegolf

Estimable
May 29, 2014

wheredahoodat

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2010
The answer is IE or Chrome for Windows, don't know about OS X. Since Windows 8, IE has it own flash plugin, Chrome has its own Flash plugin since forever. That means that any flash game or video player will use hardware acceleration when available which will speed things up if you have a supported GPU. You have to manually download Flash for Firefox, and it has a problem using HW acceleration if the video/game isn't in full screen mode. Adobe also added its own sandbox (Adobe Protected Mode) which causes its own share of problems.

To test it out, just go you youtube and play a flash video and right click and look at "stats for nerds" which will tell you if the video is "hardware accelerated" or "software accelerated". Since browser nowadays will by default to html5 for youtube, you have to either find a Flash only video, usually streams, or download a addon to force Flash, there are plenty of these type of addons for Chrome and Firefox.

Status
Not open for further replies.