Xbox 360 to computer monitor without VGA Cable

vsniper90

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
Hi Everybody i have my xbox 360 plugged into my monitor by hdmi it runs great but no sound because i have no built in speakers, so i was wondering if i could use the RCA cables that came with xbox and plug the big end into xbox beside the hdmi cable and then buy a splitter, then use the white and red audio cables and plug them in one end of splitter then other headphone jack end into speakers, leaving the other yellow video end unused, if anyone has any ideas i would appreciate it

Thanks!

vsniper90

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009

Nobody knows?

jaffacaique

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2008
Hi Vsniper90

I recently decided to connect my 360 to my LCD PC monitor (NO speakers also) using the HDMI cable, on my monitor Dell 2480 of which has various connections. The one I used for hear the audio is the that looks like a headphone socket, but for some reason it only worked for about 30 minutes and then no sound at all. Was fed up or trying getting up to look closely at TV screen picture to try and workout what some of the text and control buttons were in certain games (very frustrating)

Some 360 games are ok on CRT Flat screen TVs and others are terrible,(usually the games I've waited for) I cannot afford to buy reasonable size LCD at momment so was thinking of selling console whilst it is still is worth something. If you do get your sound to work let me know how please.