Yamaha RX-V481 Net Radio - Please wait- RESOLVED

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ronczap

Honorable
Jan 15, 2017
Trying to listen to Internet Radio was working yesterday, but now it shows "Please wait" on the display. I have the latest firmware version (2.59).
Also the vTuner radio guide web page returns 404 error http://

Did Yamaha discontinue Net Radio?

ronczap

Honorable
Jan 15, 2017

In my Yamaha rcvr manual "Internet Radio" section it states:
This service may be discontinued without notice

Jan 3, 2019

fhn

Jan 3, 2019
Same issue in Belgium. Service discontiued this evening.
As I bougth my Yamaha ampi this WE, I though this was a config issue.
This is not the case and I lost my evening trying to find a potential issue.
Hope will be solved soon.

Jan 3, 2019
Using the WaybackMachine ( https://web.archive.org/web/*/www.vtuner.com/partners/index.html ), it seems Yamaha's logo was removed between feb 17th and apr 20th. I bought my two Yamaha receivers in june, one of them specifically to use internet radio (a WXA-50 in the kitchen), and from the looks of things, it may have to be scrapped already (?!). Can't imagine how it can be legal for them sell products that does not in fact offer the advertised features. Very anxious to see how this turns out.

Jan 3, 2019
Hello,
Same problem today in Paris (working fine yesterday) , Android App MusicCast Controller and Firmware of my streamer up to date (Yamaha WXC-50) .
Wrote a mail to Yamaha support which seems to be located in Germany (YAMAHA Europe).

Jan 3, 2019
Same problem in Massachusetts, USA. I have a RX-V479. I was able to update the firmware this evening, so it's not a connectivity issue. Still waiting...

January 4, 2019 21:19 GMT - working now. Must have been a problem with the vTuner server. Yamaha should really change their software to allow URLs to be entered and not rely on a server database.

Jan 3, 2019
I'm encountering the same issue with my RX-V681 here at Germany.
Just getting the message "please wait" for NetRadio input.
Network ist working fine for other features.

(I've done the firmware update from V2.56 to V2.60 on December 16th)

Hoping for a quick fix!

ronczap

Honorable
Jan 15, 2017

I'm sure Yamaha's legal team reviews their manuals
it pays to C.Y.A. (cover your a**) ;)

Jan 3, 2019
I've got the RX-V479 and have the same issue. Net Radio..."please wait"
Checked modem, router, DHCP, firmware, factory reset, etc...etc...with no positive results. Thanks to this thread I now know nothing was going to help...lol!

ronczap

Honorable
Jan 15, 2017

After I restored my RX-V481 settings and downloaded a zip file to reload the firmware with no improvement, I did a Google search for "yamaha receiver net radio please wait" and some of the older resulting links pointed to tomsguide.com, I thought that sounds like a good place to post thread.

AMAZED at how many people responded in the last 12 hours!

Jan 3, 2019
Hi All;

Same issue from India. Using Yamaha WXC-50. Noticed I could not stream any Internet Radio Stations with Vtuner. Can no longer access http://yradio.vtuner.com/setupapp/yamaha/asp/AuthLogin/SignIn.asp for logging in. Get 404 Error "The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable." Even using VPN to US or Europe does not help. Was Googling crazy last night with no hits on complaints until I stumbled upon this site today!

Vtuner site itself is up, only Yamaha support server is not accessible. Hope they resolve soon or Yamaha publish new firmware with alternative as I listen to lots of Internet Radios, News & Talk and other streaming services instead of Spotify or the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.