ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 Driver update problem in Vaio E Series VPCEB36FG.

TheQuickCook

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
I have the graphics card, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650. This is integrated to the motherboard of my Vaio Laptop VPCEB36FG. I want to update the driver to the most recent one. But unfortunately, even after a clean install i am not getting any video playback in media players except VLC after the upgrade. YouTube works in chrome, but not in Firefox. Can anyone suggest me the latest working driver update for this model. Currently i am stuck with the only update that Sony had provided back right after the release of the laptop.

Laptop video cards are supported by the laptop vendor not the chip maker. In some cases the reference drivers from the maker work, but they are not supported.

TheQuickCook

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013

I was able to play .mkv file. In fact that was the only format i tried playing, So dunno about the others.

That's not really an issue then unless other files can't play. Not all media players can play mkv files so it's not suprizing, what other media players have you tried and do they support mkv files? Test some other things first.

TheQuickCook

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013

Oh i have tried BS player and KMPlayer and failed. Both plays mkv in my laptop in normal conditions.

What normal conditions? When does this work and when does it not work?
If you installed drivers from ATI, I would remove them and install the ones from Sony support. For YouTube issue in Firefox, try installing the Flash plug in again in firefox.

TheQuickCook

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013

Sorry, I forgot to mention, I am using Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.