Both Wi-Fi and Ethernet do not work after uninstalling Webroot.

galennare

Commendable
Dec 16, 2016
My friend recently uninstalled webroot on her Asus laptop and immdiatley after, all internet has stopped working. We've tried resetting the firewall, resetting the network settings, resetting the TCP/IP stack, setting a static IP, reinstalling the wireless adapter drivers, troubleshooting the wireless adapter, using ethernet, basically every solution I've found on the internet I've tried. I even used the cleanup tool Webroot themselves supplied to see if that would fix any residual problems that would arise from uninstalling Webroot normally, but to no avail. Done literally everything I can think of short of resetting the computer.

I've scoured the internet in hopes of finding a solution.

The computer is up to date Windows 10 Home, with 16 GB RAM, a GTX 940M, an Intel i7 and a 1TB Hard drive.

EDIT:
When troubleshooting the wireless adapter I get the following error: "Wi-Fi does not have a valid IP configuration." Setting a static IP or resetting the stack does not change this. Safe mode does not change the outcome either, even with networking turned on.

galennare

Commendable
Dec 16, 2016

I have not yet. That would essentially be resetting back to the computer when she got it because WebRoot came with the computer. I don't believe a restore point was created when the program was uninstalled (maybe not ever). We're trying to avoid resetting it if possible.

nottoman

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2010

Dealing with this myself as a private tech support professional. Very Difficult. Restoring back to a day before the problem gets all the networks working - Wired and Wireless. As soon as Webroot is uninstalled - back to the same situation. Unidentified Network, No Internet, etc. I've spent 5 hours on it and tried every strategy I know and everything off the Internet. Very frustrating.