Ratchetjak

Estimable
Sep 15, 2014
Hey there. I just have a question about purchasing a laptop for gaming. Now, I just want to say this, I'm not looking to do higher end gaming. All I want to play from time to time are game emulators.

-ePSXe (For playstation 1 games)
-Virtual Boy Advance (For GBA games)
-Project64 (Nintendo 64 games)

That's pretty much it. Nothing like Call of Duty, Skyrim, or any of those other kinds of new age games (That's what my PS3 is for haha). But yeah anyway, onto the question.

I'm looking to get a laptop but I don't have much money. I've been looking on Ebay and been finding some laptops for prices in my range ranging from refurbished to used. I've already heard that I should get a laptop with an Intel I5 or I7 core but my question is, Do I really need to? For the gaming I'm trying to do, would an Intel Celeron or Intel Core 2 (including Duo or Quad) be good? Or at least semi-decent? I just say this because I can't really afford the models with an I7 core.

important Note - I keep all my files on a portable hard drive

Also, I know they say I should look only for Asus, Dell, or Lenovo but what's wrong with HP or Gateway or Toshiba?

I apologize, I'm new to all this and am just curious. Thank you in advance guys.

Ratchetjak

Estimable
Sep 15, 2014

Well, I actually did get a Windows 7 Dell Latitude e6510 with an I5 core but the thing is having Major difficulties so I'm most likely going to return it to the person I bought it from (I got it off Ebay). I'm having a bad experience with Windows 7 and I really rather go back to Windows XP. if I can. Or try Windows 8.

If you are saying a Celeron would be okay, then I can get myself a new one. I've been seeing these 2.16 Celeron cores for Dell or Asus.

My range is up to 350 right now. Like I said, it's not a l ot.