Connecting or disconnecting the battery charger causes the computer to freeze.

bbunch06

Estimable
Jul 30, 2015
Whenever I am working on my computer, and the battery becomes weak, I will plug in the computer's battery charger -- the computer freezes. The rotating circle is the only thing that is moving. There is no access to the cursor; it does not appear on the screen. The only way I can regain the cursor or any computer activity is to reboot.

The opposite scenario: After the computer reboots, I have cursor access and at the same time that the battery is charging, I can continue with my work. After the computer's battery has fully charged, even though I am still working on a task, I will unplug the charger -- once again the computer freezes. The rotating circle is the only thing that is moving. There is no access to the cursor; it does not appear on the screen. The only way I can regain the cursor or any computer activity is to reboot.

If you have encountered and resolved this problem, please share.

Thanks

I am running Windows 7 64bit SP1
Intel Core i5

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to do a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try it again.
- If the same problem will persist do change some settings in Power Options specially for the CPU (Processor Power Management ).
- Next to try would be to uninstall/reinstall the battery driver as well.
- If all these will not work do also a clean install of Windows.
- If the same problem will persist do a test with the HDD as well because it may be a faulty HDD.
- But if the HDD is working fine, last option would be to replace the AC adapter.

bbunch06

Estimable
Jul 30, 2015

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 4
rahulkumarbudhwani Laptop Tech Support 1
Y Laptop Tech Support 3
T Laptop Tech Support 3
1 Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 2