Not sure what else can I do. I've tried nearly every trick I could find online and from friends to possibly clear this. Been unsuccessful in all cases. I'm not very good with computers. A friend suggested to try this as I don't know anyone who could help with good instructions!
nothing externally is connected such as SD card/USB/HDMI/DVD.
Laptop is an ASUS UL30A running Windows 10 64bit. I think.
Any tips on what could I do? Computer was ok an hour before and now nothing.
Does your laptop still show the ASUS splach screen when you turn it on? Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to do a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If it doesn't work, load BIOS and set it to defaults by pressing F9.
- Next to try is to reseat the RAM's, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- If these will not work, take the HDD off your laptop and see if it will load onto a different screen and if it does put the HDD back in and see if the same problem will persist.
- If it gets stuck on the black screen again that means it's a problem with the HDD.
- Try taking it off the laptop again then test it as well onto a different PC or laptop just to make sure.