Status
Not open for further replies.

ram subu

Honorable
Jul 21, 2013
My laptop(Asus eeebook x205ta) comes with a program called "Back Tracker Recovery Management", which allows you to make a bootable recovery USB stick, from which you can boot to recover the computer to its original state.

Now i have made a Bootable USB with this backup. Now i wanted to convert this USB Bootable to an ISO image which i can store it in my External Hard drive somewhere instead of a USB stick and in case of problems i will convert the ISO back into a bootable USB.

Please help me with the clear steps. Thanks in advance.

Reyaz123

Estimable
May 8, 2015

Use a program called rufus to create a bootable usb using an ISO image file

rharvey- rdcss

Commendable
Jun 25, 2016

Image burn is great.
Go to http://www.ninite.com and get it from there.
no adware and all the adware choice are automatically not chosen for the install.
and you can save the download file and run it once a month or as often as you like to make sure the programs you choose are up to date. (it downloads, installs/updates the programs that you choose)

FahadYousafMahar

Commendable
Aug 4, 2016

You can remove AdWare from Advanced Installation radio button while Installing.

defrederick

Commendable
Sep 25, 2016

I just installed ImgBurn and before it even got to the advanced installation, my AV blocked a setup program it tried to spawn with more AdWare. It appears that ImgBurn works well, but the installer is very suspect.

khaley4

Commendable
Dec 15, 2016

Looking at the website for usb-image-tool, it doesn't say anything about ISO files. Can it create ISO files from USB drives?

chmielinho

Prominent
Jun 18, 2017

No, it only create img or ima files... but to backup pendrive works greate :)

The ISO comes first and it comes from icrosoft. Rufus combines that into a bootable USB thumb drive. It cannot be done the other way round.

sarwar.monaf777, your post is deleted on grounds of Commercial Spam - the link made my uBlock Origin spike from 3 to 15 when I opened it so your account is going to be banned and you won't be able to post in Tom's.

This thread is years old and is closing now. It can be read but not added to but readers beware, the title is misleading.

Status
Not open for further replies.