Solved! How to hook a panasonic sa-pt660 home theater to a 50 magnavox smart tv with amazon firebox tv

Jun 18, 2018
I have a magnavox 50" smart tv, model# 50mv336x/f7. I dont use a cable box, but amazon firebox. I want to hook my old panasonic sa-pt660 home theater to it. Have tried the RCA jacks, but only get static and no yellow port on tv. Any help would be great, so I dont go buy a new theater setup

Firebox connects to the TV with HDMI.
HTS connects to the TV with HDMI. This is for disc playback only To get sound from the firebox to the HTS the only option is to use the TV optical audio output. HTS has optical audio input. Connect them with a toslink optical cable.
for
Check the TV and HTS owners manuals. You may have to turn the optical output on, the TV speakers off and change the audio output type in the TV menu.
ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/hometheater/om/sc-pt660_en_om.pdf
https://www.magnavox.com/mx/televisions/57-50-class-1080p-led-lcd-smart-tv.html

Firebox connects to the TV with HDMI.
HTS connects to the TV with HDMI. This is for disc playback only To get sound from the firebox to the HTS the only option is to use the TV optical audio output. HTS has optical audio input. Connect them with a toslink optical cable.
for
Check the TV and HTS owners manuals. You may have to turn the optical output on, the TV speakers off and change the audio output type in the TV menu.
ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/hometheater/om/sc-pt660_en_om.pdf
https://www.magnavox.com/mx/televisions/57-50-class-1080p-led-lcd-smart-tv.html

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Streaming Video & TVs 4
T Streaming Video & TVs 0
C Streaming Video & TVs 2
J Streaming Video & TVs 0
topov22 Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 2
E Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 0
eHx123 Streaming Video & TVs 1