Jul 27, 2018
So, a few weeks ago my Asus netbook died and I decided to take it to a technician who works with laptops just to analyze it and he said that the motherboard stopped working and he didn't want to risk replacing it since he couldn't find an original one. So I bought a new mobo and installed it myself, and surprise! It still had the same problems:

When I try to turn it on: only the energy and Wi-Fi leds turn on but the HDD light doesn't
The HDD and CPU cooler turned on (I can hear them) and the display doesn't show anything (just black, no nothing).
(I tested the HDD later as an external drive on my desktop PC and it was working)

So, I spent the last days looking for a way to solve this, I tried:

• ■ Taking off all types of battery from it to make sure the BIOS would reset
    ■ Plugging the netbook to an external monitor (it didn't display anything)
    ■ Re-opening it to make sure I didn't miss anything (and it was a 100% ok)
So after all I'm afraid I just replaced a dead motherboard with... another dead motherboard, is there anything else that I should try? If not I still have six days to return the mobo to the seller.

Here are the full specs of the netbook (Asus Eee PC 1015bx) if you think it might be helpful:

• CPU: AMD C-60 (Dual Core with integrated Radeon 6290).
    RAM: 2Gb DDR3 (soldered into the motherboard).
    HDD: Generic 500Gb hard drive, I'm not sure about the brand but I don't think it is related to the problem.

Solution
Hi, if you bought a new motherboard, it should work with just an external monitor and adapter. This is how I (a real electronics technician) tests a motherboard. You have the same problem with the old and the new motherboard, maybe the adapter is defective.

cin19

Distinguished
So, a few weeks ago my Asus netbook died and I decided to take it to a technician who works with laptops just to analyze it and he said that the motherboard stopped working and he didn't want to risk replacing it since he couldn't find an original one. So I bought a new mobo and installed it myself, and surprise! It still had the same problems:
If the new MB is not the same model. I am not surprise, it will not work at all, because laptop or netbook is very picky.

Jul 27, 2018

Yeah, but I did a lot of research, it is indeed the right model. Now I feel like I should just return the mobo to the shop and just start using the netbook's HDD as an external hard drive :/

Hi, if you bought a new motherboard, it should work with just an external monitor and adapter. This is how I (a real electronics technician) tests a motherboard. You have the same problem with the old and the new motherboard, maybe the adapter is defective.

Solution