Boeremeisie

Estimable
Nov 30, 2015
I want to use my tuner and speakers for sound when I watch videos from my laptop on the TV screen. Have hisense HDTV connected to laptop with hdmi cable. My tuner is a teac HTIB500. ALOS hdmi cable from tv screen to tuner. Sound only plays through the tv speakers. Settings in the laptop shows that the sound is Connected to hdmi device. What am I doing wrong?

Solution
likely the teac HTIB500 or tv doesnt have ARC support. without arc support without connecting devices directly they do not work. so if you want to use it if both your tv and teac do not have hdmiARC you would either need to do one of the following:

route hdmi to the teac first then the hdmi output to the tv from there. this is standard for how to connect to receiver pre-hdmiARC age.
use a 3.5mm to rca red/white cable and connect to the aux inputs for 2.0 sound only
likely the teac HTIB500 or tv doesnt have ARC support. without arc support without connecting devices directly they do not work. so if you want to use it if both your tv and teac do not have hdmiARC you would either need to do one of the following:

route hdmi to the teac first then the hdmi output to the tv from there. this is standard for how to connect to receiver pre-hdmiARC age.
use a 3.5mm to rca red/white cable and connect to the aux inputs for 2.0 sound only

Solution