Solved! Problem loading some webpages (like Amazon and Basecamp) after using Mobile Hotspot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 6, 2020
Hi everyone,
I don't know if anyone experienced this issue, but I'm having problems loading web-pages on my laptop while is connected to my mobile hotspot, and even later using any other wi-fi connection.

Amazon, for example, doesn't load properly on Chrome neither on Firefox: it load very slowly and without images, like it's not using css. Another example: I can't download and upload anything from Basecamp anymore.

The only fix I found is to uninstall and reinstall Chrome on my laptop, but is frustrating. Running Ccleaner or cleaning Chrome's cache and history don't work, and the problem persist even in incognito mode

Tor instead is working normally. Do you have any idea?

Thanks!

Solution
OK that is odd. Unless it is an add-on or some other software on the device? You may want to try doing a "System Restore" to a point prior to the problem starting and see if that resolves it as well.
Mar 6, 2020
amazon.com run smoothly on Microsoft Edge and Tor, it's unreachable or it's only partially loaded (html without images or animation) on Chrome and Firefox instead. Basecamp load properly but I can't download and upload anything. I found out this happen while and after I use my mobile hotspot. I don't know if it's a sync problem with Google or something else

Your mobile hotspot likely then has data limitations. Most only allow for so much usage before they lower the speed, which for computers can be a real hassle. I would check your carrier/service provider on that, and test the speed from the browser you are having issues with.

The tor browser also blocks a lot of things, which companies hide in their pages which could be part of your problem. Additionally, any add-ons you have on the browsers could be part of your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.