Status
Not open for further replies.

princessroyal

Commendable
Jul 16, 2016
RCA viking pro tablet
When it was on it was showing a message that said UIDS inconsistent and I pressed a button that said "I'm feeling lucky" then found recovery menu then I pressed wipe cache/partition and then it said it was done and then I went back to the recovery menu and pressed power reboot and then it went to a blank screen for 3 minutes then it went off then I tried to turn it back on and it never did and now it's not charging
Is it in hard reset mood? And if it is how do I get it out of hard reset mood?

Solution
Could be. Stranger things have happened. :) One thing I didn't mention above was holding down the button for 30-45 seconds and then plugging in to charge. They can get stuck, and the buttons can as well.

I would still, however, suggest you run some software/programs to remove anything that is on the device that should not be. This problem could repeat itself and you risk it accessing and sharing personal data. Never a good thing.
That isn't actually a "Hard Reset" so it would not be related to what you did. Everything I can find online is pointing to that message showing up with malware. Not a good sign.

You can't do a "Hard Reset" if you can't turn it on. So that is out. You can try a "Factory Reset" to see if you can get it to charge. Locate the pinhole on the device and depress it. Make sure you don't use anything sharp as you don't want to damage it. Then try turning it on.

If you can get the device to start up again, please try installing an anti-virus and also anti-malware program/app on the tablet. Have it check for anything that seems fishy. I would also suggest the removal of any newly installed or newly updated apps. Then restart the device.

If you can't get it to even restart, well then you may need to contact the manufacturer (especially if it is under warranty) or a local tech/tech support place to see if they can get it working again.

Side Note: Before ever tapping something you don't recognize on a device, in the future, I would really suggest doing a web search (from a different device) to see if there is anything about what you are seeing (the message showing) before you make any choices. That is how malware, trojans, viruses, etc., get people. They trick you into clicking on something.

princessroyal

Commendable
Jul 16, 2016
http://www.howtogeek.com/216880/what-to-do-when-your-android-phone-or-tablet-won%E2%80%99t-turn-on/

From this website I think I know what's wrong with it I think it froze to where I need to hold the button for a really long time instead of 5 minutes to get it to come back on

Could be. Stranger things have happened. :) One thing I didn't mention above was holding down the button for 30-45 seconds and then plugging in to charge. They can get stuck, and the buttons can as well.

I would still, however, suggest you run some software/programs to remove anything that is on the device that should not be. This problem could repeat itself and you risk it accessing and sharing personal data. Never a good thing.

Solution

princessroyal

Commendable
Jul 16, 2016
i'm going to do that thank you cause this is so strange like one day its fine and then the next it wont turn on or show that its charging thats just crazy but thank you i hope it works cause i need the tablet so yea

Tim Marie

Commendable
Aug 7, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.